You Decide. We Recognize.
Final voting has begun for your faves across Wilmington...
Do you have opinions about restaurants?
Is there a saint behind the bar at your favorite watering hole who deserves to be recognized for their mixology skills? Do you walk out of your tanning salon with the best damn tan south of Jersey?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
Welcome to encore’s Best of Wilmington final voting round. Wilmington’s original and official annual reader’s poll, now in its 27th year, gives our readers a chance to voice their opinions on the best places to go and cultural events to see and do in the Wilmington area.
Here’s how this works:
- The nomination ballot ran from December 1st-18th, 2014.
- On December 29th, the final ballot revealed the top three nominees in each category.
- All voting will end on January 26th, 2015
- In both voting rounds, we ask that our readers vote in at least 25 categories. One ballot per person. A valid email address is required.
- Winners will be announced at our annual Best of Wilmington awards party, held at the Brooklyn Arts Center on Saturday, February 28th. The awards will celebrate and benefit DREAMS Center for Arts Education.
- The top three bands are asked to play the Best Of Party, where people can add to their votes by making monetary donations to the charity hosting the Best Of event. Band/musician votes culled on the ballot are carried over and added to “votes” made on the night of the party.
Rules on campaigning:
encore encourages local businesses and groups to campaign for their patrons/fans to vote for them in the Best of Wilmington 2015. However, we want this contest to be as fair as possible, so there are a couple campaigning practices to avoid if you want your votes to be counted:
- No stuffing the ballot box! That means you can’t vote under multiple email addresses or encourage customers and employees to do so.
- No voting on someone else’s behalf. If you have a list of email addresses that don’t belong to you, please, don’t fill out ballots in their names.
- Do not entice patrons/fans into voting for you by offering specials, discounts, or prizes in exchange for votes.